Pet Tips Text

Beware of Antifreeze



Hello I am Dr. David Roberts from Manchester West Vet Hospital.

Today we are going to talk about some of the things that affect our pets in the Fall that can be potentially fatal. One of the things we start with is antifreeze.

Fall is typically a time when one is going to be changing the antifreeze in their car. One teaspoon of this can be fatal to a dog or cat if ingested.

Also, don't forget about the old car in the garage that might have a leaky radiator that can also be a problem for our patients.

If you suspect that your dog or cat has ingested anti-freeze you have about a 4-to-6 hour window of time to get them to the veterinarian or to an emergency clinic for an antidote. So if ever suspected, please take this very seriously. This is a fatal disease. It is something we cannot reverse once you get past that 4-to-6 hour window.

I am Dr. David Roberts from Manchester West Veterinary Hospital.



Located In Ellisville, MO



We're located just off Manchester Road (Hwy 100)
one mile West of Clarkson Rd.


Online Pharmacy Button

Click to visit our online pharmacy.
 

Get in Touch